1) What book have you been unable to finish?
I just couldn’t keep up with the hordes of characters and the multitude of places with weird names, so I decided to stop reading it after just a few pages. I might give it another go when my TBR pile gets a bit smaller…
2) What book have you yet to read because you haven’t had the time?
My whole TBR list! Hahaha! I wish I could just read all day, but sadly I do have other things to do…
3) What book have you yet to read because it is a sequel?
I’m reading Red Queen right now, which is the first book in the series, so obviously I haven’t read Glass Sword yet… but I totally want to!
4) What book have you yet to read because it is brand new?
Replica by Lauren Oliver isn’t even out yet, but I’m already dying to read it!
5) What book have you yet to read because you read a book by the same author and didn’t enjoy it?
Erm… I’m not sure. If I read a book I didn’t enjoy why would I want to read another book by the same author? I don’t think I would risk picking up another “bad” book when I have a whole pile of TBR books that I know I’ll enjoy more.
6) What book have you yet to read because you’re not in the mood for it?
Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell has been sitting on my bookcase for a while now but I still haven’t read it. It’s just not the right time… I’m enjoying YA dystopian books way too much at the moment! 😀
7) What book have you yet to read because it is humungous?
I’m not sure I’ll ever read A Game of Thrones to be honest. It’s just so huge…
8) What book have you yet to read because it was a cover buy that turned out to have bad reviews?
I think most books have both good and bad reviews… If I see a book on Goodreads where EVERYONE gives it a score of 4 or 5 stars then I automatically think there’s something not quite honest about the reviews, if you know what I mean.
But if I had to choose a book I regret buying (just because it had sort of a pretty cover) I’d have to say The Scarlet Thread by Francine Rivers. I’m sorry if you’re a Francine Rivers fan but that book is just so boring…
9) What is the most intimidating book on your TBR Pile?
I think The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern is the most intimidating book on my TBR pile right now. For 2 main reasons: (1) It’s the biggest book on my TBR pile and (2) I’ve seen so many great reviews about it I just worry I won’t like it as much as everyone else does.
Now for the tagging bit…
I tag everyone! Yes, I’m leaving this tag as an open invitation for you to tell us a bit more about your intimidating TBR pile 😀