Souvenirs From Across The World

I’ve recently found a great blog named “Drizzle and Hurricane Books” and they’ve created a brilliant feature called Souvenirs From Across The World (You really should check them out!), that let’s book bloggers get to know each other’s countries and/or hometowns.

You can check out the guidelines on the original post here.

I really want to take part because it’s such a brilliant idea, but I’m not sure how to do it. You see, I was born in Brazil but I’ve lived almost half of my life in Northern Ireland.

Sooooo… I’ve decided to share a bit about both countries πŸ˜€

1.BRAZIL

Rio has some crazy beautiful beaches

Brazil is the 5th largest country in the world (and the largest in South America) and has a massive population of over 200 million people.

I was born in Sao Paulo (the 3rd largest city in the world) where I spent most of my childhood πŸ™‚ . Sao Paulo is a wonderful place where you can find people, products and FOOD from all over the world, and most places do home delivery. (Even McDonald’s has a home delivery service!).

Sao Paulo – A city that never sleeps

In a city that never sleeps you’re spoiled for choice for entertainment, restaurants, parks, shopping, etc. They even have 24/7 language schools (Who wants to learn Italian at 3 in the morning?!)

2. NORTHERN IRELAND

With a population of around 1.8 million people, Northern Ireland is an amazingly beautiful island filled with green fields and some of the most friendly people on Earth.

Home to the popular TV show Game of Thrones, the place where the Titanic was built and C S Lewis’ birthplace, Northern Ireland is becoming a rather popular destination for tourists from all over the world πŸ™‚

Northern Ireland has opened a lot of doors for me in the 12 years that I’ve lived here. I’ve been able to accomplish so many great things here in this green island that I’ll always feel grateful and lucky to have been welcomed into this place.

One of the only things I still find … erm … inconvenient is that the shops usually close at around 5 or 6pm. I mean, who’s going to teach me Italian at 3 in the morning if I ever feel like it?

I highly encourage you guys to take part in the Souvenirs From Across The World feature (from Drizzle and Hurricane Books). It’s super fun and you get to share with the blogosphere a bit more about where you’re from!

Just remember not to give out your address online, kids πŸ˜€ Keep safe!

Advertisements

23 thoughts on “Souvenirs From Across The World

1. Marie @ drizzleandhurricanebooks says:

Thank you so, so much for participating in this little feature, I’m so glad you wanted to share a bit about both of your countries πŸ™‚ I’ve been to Ireland, but not Northern Ireland yet, but it seems absolutely gorgeous, I’m sure I’d love it ❀ And Brazil, oh the sun and the beaches, it makes me dreamy already πŸ™‚
    And thank you for that ending heads up about adresses! I just want to let you – and anyone reading this afterwards know that the second part of this project – sending actual souvenirs from our countries and little gifts to other book bloggers – , is of course opened to people who are over 18, have their parents' consent, and/or are willing to share their personal info, and I'll make sure to keep it safely anyway and not share it online or anything :).
    Thank you so, so much for sharing this πŸ™‚

Liked by 1 person

2. Jamie Wu says:

Northern Ireland sounds amazing. Didn’t realize that Game of Thrones is film there. All those wide open green fields just make it want to run around at a random direction while zigzagging.

Liked by 1 person

3. Tyra Anne says:

Thank you so much for sharing your two countries! Brazil looks so beautiful and I love how it truly is the city that never sleeps! I would love to learn a language in the early hours of the morning πŸ˜€ and Northern Ireland looks so beautiful! Some of my ancestors are from there so I would love to visit one day.

Liked by 1 person

4. Lais says:

HEYYY, FELLOW BRAZILIAN! I also live in Sao Paulo – how amazing is the fact I can meet people who were also born here through book blogging?
    I am glad to read what you had to say about both of these amazing places! Northern Ireland looks beautiful – the landscapes definitely look like Game of Thrones.
    The two places are so different, though – while Sao Paulo is a large city that never sleeps, Northern Ireland looks much more peaceful and quiet.
    Thanks for sharing!

Liked by 1 person

• Mystery Date with a Book says:

Hey you! What a small world! I can’t believe this! We’re even from the same city! πŸ˜€ Aaahh!
      Oh yes, Brazil and Northern Ireland are complete opposites, in almost everything… But I love them both πŸ™‚
      I’ll go check out your blog in a minute πŸ™‚

5. Hermione Montrose & Clara Oswald says:

Ooooh I am so intensely (intensly? did I spell that right? oh whatever) jealous of you right now! NORTHERN IRELAND. That picture is simply ravishing. It really looks like a place straight out of a book. And cliché/silly question: but do you have an Irish accent? Sorry, but I simply must know! 😝

Liked by 1 person

6. Donna says:

Brazil sounds like so much fun! I love the idea of 24/7 language schools! I’ve always wanted to visit Northern Ireland. I lived in the north of France for 18 years, so I was quite close to the UK and The Republic of Ireland, but I never actually traveled, what a waste! But it’s at the top of my travel destination. I did not know shops closed so early, that’s so strange! Here in Bordeaux, everything closes around 7 or 8, I love shopping a little after work! Loved your post!

Leave a comment...

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s