Here are the 11 questions that The Road We’re On has asked me to answer:
- What is your favourite colour? Purple! All things purple.
- What made you want to blog and how did you get started? I’ve only just started blogging. At first I thought a blog would be a good idea to spread the word about my facebook page and the books I offer, but then I kind of fell in love with blogging and now I do it because I enjoy interacting with my “dear readers”! I love getting new comments and likes on my posts. It’s such a thrill! (I’m easily pleased, aren’t I?)
- A favourite place that you’ve travelled to? I once went to Rome with my sisters and a close friend. It was my sister’s hen party trip and it was brilliant! We almost died from heatstroke (it was SO warm most of the locals had skipped town!), but we had sooooo much fun! The Vatican was beautiful, and the Trevi Fountain is the most magical place on earth!
- Rather live in the city or in the country? City! I’m definitely a city girl! Sorry country folks, I just don’t do nature.
- What’s your favourite animal? I’m not sure I have a favourite animal, I like all sorts of animals. I especially love dogs, polar bears, and tigers.
- The best money saving deal you’ve come across? I once flew from Belfast to Liverpool for £1 (about $1.40). My sister wanted to go to Liverpool to visit a wedding dress shop and when we checked flight prices we couldn’t believe our eyes! They were only £1 (each way)! Even my dad came along, because it was cheaper to fly to Liverpool than to drive back home after dropping us off at the airport and picking us up again at the end of the day! Bargain!
- A favourite meal you like to make? I’m not the best cook in the world… but I do make a gorgeous Bolognese sauce! Seriously, it’s finger-licking good!
- Would you prefer to live up north or down south? Well, that’s a difficult question. It depends on what country we’re talking about. So I guess my answer is: Whichever is closest to the Equator Line (ie. Wherever is the warmest). I miss the sun!
- Tell me your favourite vegetable and describe your favourite way to cook it? I love potatoes. I know it’s debatable whether potatoes are a vegetable or just a starchy food, but in my mind potatoes are the best kind of vegetable, especially when roasted!
- Would you prefer to take a cruise or stay in a ski resort for a week? I’d definitely choose a cruise! I’ve never been in one but it sounds really fun and relaxing!
- Have you tried a DIY? How did it turn out? I always help my dad build pieces of IKEA furniture. They’re easy enough to build. But that’s as far as my DIY skills go.
And 11 Random Facts about Myself:
- My name was supposed to be Laura Evelyn (but then my dad changed his mind at the last minute).
- I went to 13 different schools (Public, Private, Christian, Catholic, Adventist, Brazilian, American, English, Welsh, and an all-girls school included)
- I’m a total Disney-addict!
- I once tried to dye my hair blonde, but it came out orange… hehe!
- Tom Hiddleston came up to me and started making small talk but I didn’t recognise him (It was 6am! My brain wasn’t awake yet).
- I have a rodent phobia.
- I hate peas.
- One of my favourite things on earth is going to a bookshop, getting a whole lot of books and going through them in the bookshop cafe!
- I’m planning on auditioning for Disneyland Paris next year (Imagine getting paid to dress up as a princess all day?!)
- My proudest moment was dancing in the opening ceremony of the Olympic Games in London, 2012.
- My dream holiday would be to fly to Orlando and visit the Harry Potter theme-park and Disney World.
Now it’s my turn to nominate my favourite bloggers! These individuals run incredible internet sites full of fun bookish delights.
Now it’s your turn! I’m excited to see your answers!